Chairman & CEO
Jim founded InfoWorks in January 1997, and serves as Chairman and CEO. Under Jim’s leadership, InfoWorks has built a reputation for outstanding client service, employee satisfaction, and sustainable profitable growth.
In 2010, InfoWorks formed an ESOP and, in 2012, converted to a 100% ESOP-owned company in order to allow its employees to fully participate in the excellent financial results that InfoWorks has achieved. Jim has balanced company growth with client satisfaction in a controlled manner that has avoided any layoffs. His philosophy is that high employee morale leads to superior client satisfaction and he makes hiring decisions based on the integrity, attitude, and aptitude of prospective employees. In 2014, InfoWorks was awarded the Tennessean’s Top Work Place award. The company has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Nashville by the Nashville Business Journal for six of the last seven years.
Prior to forming InfoWorks, Jim spent 32 years with IBM in Nashville in various management and marketing positions. In his last position at IBM, he managed several Global Services consulting practices over a three-state area. Previous to that, he managed IBM’s business partner programs and distribution and healthcare clients.
Jim is very active in the Nashville community and currently serves on several boards:
- Watkins College of Art and Design Board of Trustees, and prior Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Nashville Black Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Aquinas College Board of Directors, Chair of Finance Committee
- Jim was previously Chairman of the Saint Thomas Health Fund Board of Directors
- Jim was previously President of the Board of Directors for Tennessee Special Olympics